DSS tenants and how to get your property back

1 10 2010

Hi all, just thought to share with you a common worry with landlords around DSS tenants

We have a property where the landlord want to move back in. The tenant is on a periodic AST but is claiming benefit and the council are saying stay put till the landlord gets the bailiff. What can we do?

To be honest; it is hard to deal with this. There are arguments that the council should act sooner but usually the simple solution would be to serve the section 21 notice and then get the court order they want. If this is going to court then it might be wise to suggest the landlord employs a solicitor to handle this part.




Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: